Ever wanted to share that burning idea with other participants, other than in one-on-one conversation during breaks? Well, here's your chance to have the participants to yourself for a few minutes!
Participant Talks 180, which signifies that you get both 180 seconds (3 minutes) to make your talk, and a chance to change our perspectives (doing a 180!) on a particular idea related to our event theme.You may have seen them as "Talks from the audience" on TED.com, but we're trying a similar thing here in Calgary for our upcoming TEDxCity 2.0 event on October 13th. We call them
Here's a little bit more about how it works:
1. You need to already be a registered participant for the event (you can buy your ticket here)
2. You submit your suggested talk topic to our Participant Talks 180 list (see link at bottom of page). Please remember that your talk must remain focused on one of the event themes.
3. Depending on the number of submissions, we draw names from a hat, lottery style, at least 72 hours in advance of the event. The number of names drawn will depend on available programming time, but we'll feature a minimum of 5 talks and a maximum of 10 during the day.
4. We give you advance notice that you've been selected, so that you have a bit of time to prepare. There are no slides/visuals... it's just you sharing your idea with other participants!
5. We record your talk just as we do with other speakers, and we will include it on our TEDxCalgary YouTube channel as part of our events talks. As with all speakers, you'll be required to sign our TEDx-mandated speaker release form.
6. Other participants will be asked to rate your talk (no panel of judges, we promise... just a short poll form that they leave behind). If you give one of our top participant talks, we'll discuss bringing you back for a future event to do a longer presentation.
Ready for your 3 minutes of fame? Click to sign up...